Exemplar 2013

Portrait
Series of photographs

Recently, I was in heat of seeking one lost small component going through the bag of mixed waste in our apartment. During picking the garbage piece by piece, crumb by crumb, I sudenly uncovered layers of passed days. In retrospect, I watched what was happening and eaten in the last week at our home.

Based on this experience and basic knowledge of garbology //Garbology is scientific study of waste and garbage, which refferes to lifestyles of certain groups of people applied especially in the sociocultural disciplines as anthropology, archeology, management.//

I was intrigued to create through this archaeological method metaphorical portraits of my neighbors. Portraits are composed of photographs of specimens, which I gradually took out from one waste bag belonging to the same householder. Each composition of photos works primarily with the element of fortune. It depended on the contents what I had just managed to pull out and also the rotting contents of some bags did require quick action.

For each Example = Householder has entered a number of photos documenting the content of each trash composed together and then I subjectively chose one photo that for me characterized the Example as a whole.


   







No comments:

Post a Comment